Tuesday, May 29, 2007

new song

Hi from Austin -- we are visiting Michael's cousin, wife and baby daughter -- the second cousins are meeting for the first time. John is having a great time playing with all new toys! It's funny how he likes new toys but old songs -- ones he's heard before. I've noticed that the first time I sing a song to him he's not interested, but after several hearings it becomes a familiar song and elicits a big smile.

I too like old songs better than new songs. In church I prefer songs I know to those I don't. This is probably pretty common. It strikes me how in spite of this, the Psalms frequently encourage (command?) us to sing a new song to the Lord. He likes new songs! Whenever we do something new, go into the unknown, we are singing a new song to him. As hard as it may be, we can trust that he is pleased -- and is with us.

1 comment:

Gary said...

Hi, Kristi- I followed the link from Angie's blog. I have a 2 1/2 year-old named John and a 15-month-old named Isaac. We've been alternating days staying at home, but I'm losing my job, and haven't been able to find one as flexible as what I have. I'm probably going to have to start working full-time as of July and I'm not going to realize how unhappy I am about it until it starts. =-[
-Lenise, Paul's wife