Sunday, April 29, 2007

babylike faith

I want to be in control of my life. Barring that, I like to know what is going to happen next. Usually, however, I neither choose nor know in advance most of what happens to me. This is the place to trust God, who both controls and knows what I do not. Of course, easier said than done. I can learn from my son about trusting the one who takes care of us.

John never seems anxious or uncomfortable with not controlling or knowing what will happen next. As long as his basic needs are met, he is usually happy to do whatever I decide is best for us to do -- take a walk, have a bath, sing a song. As I'm getting to know him better, I'm more able to take his likes and dislikes into account, but I still can't even tell him what is coming next -- and he's fine with that.

I would like to trust God the way that John trusts me.

I also would like for more people to post comments! Just to let me know that you're out there. Thanks.

5 comments:

Susan Ray said...

Kristi,
Today is the first time I have visited your blog. I read 9 or 10 blogs on a regular basis, but almost never comment, but since you want to know, like the Whos I will say, "We are here, we are here!" Keep up the good work! What you have written is very encouraging.
Susan

Unknown said...

Kristi,

I am proud of you for putting not only your words but also your heart out there. And these words from your heart are powerful and healing.

Love,
Rita

Kristi said...

thanks, Susan and Rita! Welcome to my blog! I'm so glad you're here! Love, Kristi

Ruth said...

Kristi, I finally got a google account so I could comment! I've been reading and appreciating, and I know many more are doing the same. But I have to admit I'd feel like you if I had a blog -- I'd want LOTS of comments.

Love,
Ruth

ADish said...

I'm here! I'm sorry I'm late! I haven't turned on my computer in a few days...but I'm here now!

Keep up the posting! You're doin' great! :)

Angie