Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Who do you love?

Michael and I have loved John for a little over two years now. We show him our love every day, mostly through our actions but also through our words. I have looked forward to the day when John says, "I love you, Mama."

So yesterday, for the first time, John spoke of his love. He likes a lot of things -- but never had we heard him express love. Until he said it: "I love Mickey Mouse."

See, Michael has been showing John old Mickey Mouse cartoons on YouTube. Needless to say, John enjoys watching these videos. And so although Michael and I feed, clothe, comfort, take care of and play with John, at considerable personal expense, Mickey Mouse amuses John.

I am sure that John does love us, as much as a two-year-old can love -- and will grow in love for us -- and so I'm not taking this too personally, but it did cross my mind: "I guess this is what God goes through with us."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very sweet entry and so true. I confirm the thought that crossed your mind at the end of this Post.
Love and blessings,
Mercy